Since our team received OpenROV #1 (Bucket) the team has struggled with the issues of it being constructed with the wrong adhesives, we decided for safety sake that we would no longer deploy it until we rebuilt the e-capsule caps. OpenROV kindly sent of replacements, and we decided to construct a rugged and easily repairable body from PVC.

Our team leader, Paul, designed the new body, and also designed a set of thruster mounts which insert tightly into the PVC connectors, and then are bolted in. We are also making a “track” system using shore lines to do subtidal into intertidal transects.

20150102_185356 20150102_185406

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *